Thursday 30 April 2015

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

So that all aspects of my project are accessible from one place I decided to use a blog to present my research and planning. I used YouTube and SoundCloud to put music and video files on my blog that I set up using Blogger.





I used a Canon 500D to film my teaser trailer. I liked using this camera as it has the ability to playback video and images straight away, which makes it easier when deciding which shots I liked and which I didn't. I used Avid editing software to edit my teaser trailer. I started off by organising my shots into edit bins in the order I wanted them in. I went on to photoshop and made the taglines that I wanted to appear in my trailer. 

For a few reasons there were some shots that during the editing process didn't end up being used as either the lighting was wrong or they no longer fit the narrative. There was one shot where I decided to take the dialogue and use it over the top of another shot, kind of as a voice over. Other shots I trimmed and turned into stills as they are only on screen for a small amount of time. Using the multitrack feature I organised all my shots into one layer then put the music, that I got from Spotify then used Adobe Audition to edit the tracks, and captions into separate ones. 

To edit my poster and magazine cover I used Adobe Photoshop CS5.1. This software allowed me to edit all aspects of my poster and magazine including the text, images and colour. 

The editing stages of my magazine editing process. 






Stages of my poster editing process: 




No comments:

Post a Comment